Frequently Asked Questions
“NLP, Imagery, and Visualization are magical keys to unlocking the power of the mind and your ability to make lasting change.” - Laur Berman
What is Visualization and Guided Imagery?
Imagery is the natural language of the subconscious mind and when an imagery process is being experienced a client is in a state of hypnosis. Imagery is referred to as the Rosetta Stone of our mind, body, and spirit. Another way to think of imagery is as a diagnostic tool that helps scan our operating system to let us know if there are any areas that need tending. It enables us to decode and interpret what is really going on in our lives as it is a portal for self-discovery, creativity, and healing. Imagery is an experience that involves all of our senses including emotions to help us discover and bring up subconscious information and symbols to conscious awareness.
Everyone has their own unique symbols based on their life experience and discovering these can help a client move forward on their path to change and healing. Guided Imagery is the conscious reworking of the images and their associations in our mind. It is an efficient and powerful tool to bypass conscious resistance to change and enter a state of acceptance. The ability to interact and use our imagination can change our world and how we live in it!
What is Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)?
NLP is a method of influencing our mind through the use of language and communication. It enables us to reprogram how our brain responds to current stimuli and create new positive behaviors. NLP incorporates hypnosis and self-hypnosis to more effectively achieve the change or programming that is wanted. It is an interpersonal approach that incorporates communication, personal development, and positive behavior models to create self-awareness and drive change in current patterns.
NLP takes you to the root of understanding behavior and enables you to tap into the experience you want to achieve. It allows you to have more control over your emotional states, empowering you to easily change your attitude and perspective. It builds confidence in social settings and empowers you to have rapport and connection with others. Additionally, it is an effective tool for motivating yourself and others as it encompasses powerful persuasion techniques.
Effectiveness of Hypnosis - Research:
The American Health Magazine conducted a study to test the effectiveness of psychoanalysis, behavioral therapy, and hypnosis. The study, conducted by Alfred A. Barrios, concluded that for changing habits, thought patterns, and behavior, hypnosis was the most effective and took less time than other forms of therapy. The results:
93% of people recovered after only 6 sessions
72% recovered after 22 sessions
38% recovered after
The results clearly indicated that hypnosis has the best success rates. Hypnosis is a scientifically validated tool for creating positive change and transformation. It helps you align your beliefs and values to be congruent with where you want to be so that they motivate you forward in your life.
What is Hypnosis?
Think of hypnosis as a natural learning tool. A very effective, fast, and easy, way to learn new behaviors and reprogram your subconscious mind. It is a state of deep relaxation in which your subconscious mind is highly receptive to positive suggestions and new associations. Every day we enter the state of hypnosis when we first wake up and right before we fall asleep. Some of us enter hypnosis during the day while we watch TV, drive our cars, go for a run, or take in a beautiful setting. It is a natural state that we all experience.
During hypnosis you feel very aware and very present. It is a calming state created in a controlled environment where you are guided with love and positivity to make the changes your desire.
Why Choose Hypnosis?
Did you know that most of us are only able to consciously access and influence about 12% of our mind to help us make decisions, take action, and create new behaviors? The other 88% consists of our subconscious mind and most of your behavioral programming, beliefs, and values were implanted here before you reached 9 years old. Let me repeat this; 88% of your thoughts, feelings, actions, beliefs and behaviors are pre-programmed from when you were a child and they run on autopilot. We cannot communicate directly with our subconscious so it’s no wonder why it’s hard to change a habit or a behavior! Through the use of hypnosis I am able to help you access the 88%.
Through the power of hypnotic suggestion I can help you reprogram your subconscious beliefs and paradigms so that they no longer undermine your ability to change. In doing so I am able to get your subconscious on the same page with what you want, how you want to behave, and the changes you want to make to positively improve your life. It is a safe, natural, and truly effective choice for making change in the 88%.